The Niagara Falls Community Development Department (CD) will host the 2017 Niagara Falls Home Ownership Auction at 6 pm on Thursday, June 15, 2017 at City Hall. The auction will feature five homes that are city owned due to tax foreclosure. Mayor Paul Dyster: “The City of Niagara Falls remains committed to reforming the tax foreclosure process by creating real opportunities for home renovation and ownership.”
As with the three previous CD Home Ownership Auctions, successful bidders must agree to own and live in the home as prime occupant for no less than five years as well as:
· Submit a $500 bidder bond on auction day that will be repaid upon completion of the renovation.
· Agree to renovate the property to municipal code compliance within 12 months of purchase, unless an extended time period is designated.
· Submit a renovation plan, designating work to be completed by the owner and/or contractors, as well as financial ability to execute the renovation prior to completing the sale agreement with the City of Niagara Falls.
· Pay the appropriate city, county and school district taxes at time of closing.
· If terms are not met after the purchase of the property, ownership will revert back to the City of Niagara Falls.
Community Development Director Seth Piccirillo: “We want to help residents become Niagara Falls home owners, complete successful renovations and build equity through ownership, through a user friendly auction. Converting a vacant house into an occupied home is also a win for its street and the entire neighborhood.”
Interested bidders can visit www.nf-cd.org/auction to download a full information packet. a code violation report and to learn more about each house or email Paul Martell, Home Ownership Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions. Paper copies of the information packet will also be available at The Carnegie Building, 1022 Main Street, Niagara Falls, New York.
2017Niagara Falls Home Ownership Auction Houses
· 240 70th Street
· 410 South 91st Street
· 515 25th Street
· 2238 Lasalle Avenue
· 3543 Ferry Avenue