Home Ownership Auction
The Niagara Falls Community Development Department hosts an annual home ownership auction of tax-foreclosed properties, with an upcoming auction in Spring 2017. The properties are sold, as is, by the City of Niagara Falls to highest bidder, subject to approval of the Niagara Falls City Council and execution of sales agreement with the City of Niagara Falls Legal Department. This auction is not specifically for first time home buyers. Anyone interested in purchasing and renovating the offered homes is welcomed to apply. Important condition of participation, as specified in the sale agreement: Successful bidders must be current with all City of Niagara Falls property taxes in order to purchase a home ownership auction house.
Successful bidders must:
- Agree to own and live in the home as prime occupant for no less than five years.
- Agree to renovate the property to municipal code compliance within 12 months of purchase, unless an extended time period is designated.
- Submit a renovation plan, designating work to be completed by the owner and/or contractors, as well as financial ability to execute the renovation prior to completing the sale agreement with the City of Niagara Falls.
- Pay current year city, county and school district taxes for the property at the time of purchase.
- If the above terms are not met after the purchase of the property, ownership will revert back to the City of Niagara Falls.
For more information, please contact Seth Piccirillo, Director of Niagara Falls Community Development, at email@example.com